Frequency Specific Microcurrent Therapy (or FSM) is a non-invasive and painless, low-level electro-medical therapy. Frequency Specific Microcurrent Therapy has been found to decrease pain and accelerate healing by potentially increasing the production of the substance ATP in injured tissues by as much as 500%! Clients frequently observe reduced pain without the side effects of drugs.
Each of our cells has an ideal specific resonant frequency. When your body experiences an injury, trauma, stress, or increased inflammation, the regular resonant frequency of that tissue changes, and we experience symptoms of pain or dysfunction in the body. Frequency Specific Microcurrent (or FSM) works on the principle of biologic resonance. Specific carrier frequencies with microcurrent improve the healing of muscles, discs, ligaments, tendon, fascia, and bone.
Here is an overview by the creator, Dr. Carolyn McMakin.
What can FSM treat? Many, many kinds of pain!
• Acute (sudden) and chronic (long-term) musculoskeletal injuries
• Acute and chronic neuropathic (nerve) pain
• Back pain
• Chronic fracture and bone pain
• Disc injuries/disc and facet related pain
• Carpal Tunnel syndrome
• Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
• Diabetic neuropathy
• Ehlers-Danlos pain ***
*** Note, I LOVE treating Ehlers-Danlos! There are so few options out there for this type of pain and it makes major differences in people’s lives!
• Fibromyalgia associated with a cervical spine injury
• Fractures (Slow Healing Fractures)
• Frozen shoulder / Shoulder Pain
• Headaches /Migraine
• Kidney stone pain
• Lymphedema / Swelling or Water Retention in Hands or Legs
• Migraine headaches
• Myofascial pain
• Neck Pain
• Neuromuscular pain and inflammation
• Neuromas (overgrowth and scarring to a nerve after an injury)
• Peripheral neuropathy
• Post-herpetic Neuralgia
• Post-surgical pain
• Plantar fasciitis (pain in the heel and foot)
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) ***
*** I have a lot of experience treating PTSD with Acupuncturists without Borders as well as with the military program at Cedar Hills Hospital. See the papers below for more information on PTSD and FSM.
• Reflexive Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
• Scar tissue
• Kidney stones
• Spinal Disc Pain
• Sports injuries
• Temperomandibular Joint (TMJ) Pain
• Tendon and ligament injury or pain
• Tendinopathy (inflammation and swelling of the tendon)
• Tension headaches
• Tennis elbow
• Viscerally-referred pain (Pain originated from organs)
Articles on this amazing medicine:
What about sound and light? See the FAQ page for more information on other frequency Medicine.