Life is too short to hurt all the time. My career has been a quest to relieve pain. My first degree was in pharmacy. I worked my way up the pharmacy management ladder for several years, but felt there was so much more to true healing.
I’ve always enjoyed learning about healing methods from other cultures. I spent time studying in Peru and China as well as many workshops. This led to my masters in Acupuncture and oriental medicine.
I combined my quality assurance skills with clinical knowledge and started a program that brought acupuncture into hospitals. My favorite was a military unit where the acupuncture was used to help soldiers with PTSD. Trauma is so prevalent in our society. It is one of my passions to help those who need support with PTSD.
While experimenting with acupuncture methods, I combined treatments with drums and was amazed at the response. The treatment effects were multiplied ten fold! That sparked my interest in frequency medicine. In the last few years, I’ve worked with music, tones, light, electricity and PEMF. Of the therapies I’ve studied, I found Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM) to be the most consistent and effective. I truly enjoy using FSM to help people overcome physical, mental and spiritual challenges and be able to love life again. Because life is too short to hurt all the time.
- BS Pharmacy, Oregon State University, 1985
- Master of Management, Willamette University, 1992
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, 2005
Plus, many other programs and continuing education courses. I’m a bit of a serial learner…
- 5 day Frequency Specific Microcurrent Core Course, Carolyn McMakin 2022
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent Advanced, Carolyn McMakin 2022
- Comprehensive Treatment of Fibromyalgia, Carolyn McMakin 2022
- Sound Healing and Therapy Certificate, David Gibson 2021
- Sound Health BioAcoustics Research Associate Professional, Sharry Edwards, 2020
- Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture, 2 year program, Kiiko Matsumoto and Monika Kobylecka 2018
- Teishin, the high art of gentle medicine”, Iwashina Anryu Sensei (Dr. Bear), Lac, 2017 and 2018
- Bowen Therapy, Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced, Albert J LaShell, 2018
- Sotai, Movement Therapy Integration, Robert Quinn, 2018
- Neural and Visceral Manipulation, Barral Institute, 2018
- Thea Elijah – Spirit of the points (1 year series), 2016
- Thea Elija – 5 element study, 5 in person courses + 1 year discussion group 2015
- Five Element Graduate Program, Nikki Bilton–Two year 5-Element Worsley Style Acupuncture 2014
- Medicine for the Earth – Sandra Ingerman, 2012
- Awakening the soul of our Medicine – 5 element studies, 2x 1 year programs – David Ford/David Berkshire, 2008, 2009
- Whole Heart Connection – Thea Elijah, 2007 and 2015
- Foundation for Shamanic Studies – 3 year program developed by Michael Harner, 2010
- AWB – Healing Community Trauma – How to do acupuncture in the field for Traumatic Events 2006, 2010
- NCNM Cadaver Anatomy Lab, Dominic Anaya, 2014
- AWB- World Healing exchange – Baja, 2 trips 2014 and 2016
- Betsy Bergstrom Shamanic 2 year training, 2008
- War and Soul Healing, Last Mask Center for Shamanic Healing, Christina Pratt, 2011
- The Way of the Warrior, Spirit Paths (Reintegration of returning warriors using shamanic tools) Gerry Starnes, M.Ed., 2011
- Acupuncturists Without Borders – Volunteer Mobile PTSD Acupuncture Clinics, Haiti, February 2010
- Acupuncturists Without Borders – Volunteer Mobile PTSD Acupuncture Clinics, New Orleans, August 2006